Matthew J. Zinno, D.O.
Specialty: Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee Surgery, PRP Therapy
Dr. Zinno is an orthopedic surgeon who treats a wide variety of orthopedic injuries and has advanced fellowship training in sports medicine. This includes all knee conditions, such as anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and other ligament tears, meniscal tears, and total knee replacement and all shoulder conditions, such as labral tears, rotator cuff injuries and primary and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.
He also provides comprehensive non-operative and operative interventions for all common sports-related injuries, including multiple injection options such as corticosteroid, platelet-rich plasma and bone marrow/stem cells. In addition, he also sees and treats most common fractures in adolescent and adult patients. He strives to provide state-of-the-art care in a comfortable and educating environment.
For many years, Dr. Zinno has enjoyed participating in IRONMAN distance triathlons, as well as local running events. This experience gives him a unique perspective for injured patients who want to return to an active lifestyle. He understands and appreciates what it takes to perform at a high level and wants nothing less than for his patients to be at their best and healthiest.
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., South Bend, IN
- Drake University, M.B.A., Des Moines, IA
- Des Moines University, D.O., M.P.H, Des Moines, IA
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship/Residency: Garden City Hospital, Michigan State University Statewide Campus System, Garden City, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship: University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Accreditations & Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- University of Notre Dame Orthopaedic Society
- Erie County Medical Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society