Peter L. Gambacorta, D.O.
Specialty: Sports Medicine: Shoulder, Hip and Knee Surgery
Sub-Specialty: Hip Arthroscopy and Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine, PRP Therapy
Dr. Gambacorta is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with advanced fellowship training in sports medicine. His practice focuses on the management of acute and overuse injuries of the musculoskeletal system in children, adolescents, and adults. He also provides comprehensive non-operative and operative interventions for all common sports-related injuries, including multiple injection options such as corticosteroid, platelet-rich plasma and bone marrow/stem cells. He incorporates his caring, attentive approach to patients through state-of-the-art surgical and non-surgical techniques.
Dr. Gambacorta is a former medical director of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo. He has advanced training in treating pediatric sports injuries and is a fellowship trained hip arthroscopy surgeon. He volunteers his time as team physician for the Buffalo Junior Sabres and several WNY high schools. In addition, he routinely lectures at a variety of community events and national physicians meetings.
He works with Samantha Jaus, RPA-C.
- University at Buffalo, B.A., Buffalo, NY
- University at Buffalo / Roswell Park Cancer Institute, M.S., Buffalo, NY
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, D.O., Old Westbury, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: South Pointe Hospital/Cleveland Clinic Health System, Warrensville Heights, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship: Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Accreditations & Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Medical Society of the County of Erie
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
- Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine Research Society (PRISM)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America